We would like to forward all traffic going to Lucentgs.com to lucentgraphicsolutions.com for now. We may switch our main domain for our site to Lucentgs.com but for now just want to forward it

forward one domain to another. The instructions on Redirect one domain to another page is of no help what so ever.

Hi,

Thank you for asking.

Since both lucentgs.com and lucentgraphicsolutions.com are registered at Cloudflare Registrar and using Cloudflare nameservers, may I ask which instructions have you followed? :thinking:

Was it the link from below, or some different? :thinking:

As from what I understand from your topic title, you want to achieve:

1. Anyone who tries to access e.g. lucentgs.com should be redirected to the lucentgraphicsolutions.com
  2. Anyone who tries to access e.g. lucentgs.com/something/ should be redirected to the or lucentgraphicsolutions.com/something

Could you confirm if this is what you want to achieve, or something different? :thinking:

In other words, URL from one domain should be redirected to the same URL on the other domain.

If true, then the article from below is what you need:

Step by step:

1. Log in to your Cloudflare dashboard with your Cloudflare account.
  2. Select the domain lucentgs.com.
  3. Go to the DNS tab.
  4. Make sure there is an A lucentgs.com pointed to the 192.0.2.1 and :orange:.
    If there is not, click on the button “Add record”, select A for “type” then enter the name lucentgs.com and content 192.0.2.1, and make sure it’s :orange:.
    Repeat the step, click on the button “Add record”, select A for “type” then enter the name www and content 192.0.2.1, and make sure it’s :orange:.
  5. Go to the “Rules” tab.
  6. Click “Create Page Rule”.
  7. Enter *lucentgs.com/* in the “If the URL matches” field.
  8. Select “Forwarding URL” and “301 - Permanent Redirect” from the dropdown menus.
  9. In the “Destination URL” field, enter https://lucentgraphicsolutions.com/$1.
  10. Click “Save and Deploy”.

In picture:

Wait for some time for the changes to apply for your domain name.
Reply back so we could double-check and confirm if it’s working.

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m trying to achieve. Your instructions worked perfectly. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Happy to assist you :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.