We regularly find that websites are blocked by your service

We regularly find that websites are blocked by your service, saying we should contact the website to allow access - we cannot do this because we can’t get to the website! It affects dozens of sites and is utterly infuriating. Help!

Answer these questions to help the Community help you with Security questions.

What is the domain name?

Multiple domains -0 dozens of sites are affected

Have you searched for an answer?

Please share your search results url:

When you tested your domain, what were the results?

Not our domain - it is multiple sites on the internet

Describe the issue you are having:

Cannot access sites - they are blocked by your service

What error message or number are you receiving?

“Sorry you have been blocked”

What steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

1. None - there is nothing we can do!

Was the site working with SSL prior to adding it to Cloudflare?
N/A

What are the steps to reproduce the error:

Have you tried from another browser and/or incognito mode?

Please attach a screenshot of the error:

There is no attach option here.

Welcome to the Cloudflare Community. :logodrop:

There is nothing that anyone at Cloudflare or in the Community can do to change the rules configured by a third-party site. Only the site operator can adjust their rules.

You will need to search for other ways to contact someone at the sites you cannot access. Social media platforms may offer an alternate means of contact.

3 Likes

This is madness - there are loads of sites that we cannot access. Obviously our new IP address is categorised by your systems in some way that means it is getting blocked by sites rules. You’re asking me to contact dozens of sites, whose websites I can not get to, to solve a problem your systems have introduced. It’s baffling to me that you don’t have a way to validate an IP address as a genuine organisation, so it gets passed by your customers rules. We are just an innocent bystander here - Terrible advertising for your system.

Cloudflare has no more control over how sites configure their firewalls than Black and Decker does over the length that a carpenter cuts a board.

I’m not asking you to contact anyone. I am letting you know that no Cloudflare staff or Community members can change the rules that site operators have chosen. If you want to know what rule is blocking your access, you will need to share the Ray ID with the site owner, so they can check their logs to see what rule is impacting you.

You can also try using another browser or browser profile. One with no addons installed is best, as we have seen reports in the Community from users who identified problematic browser addons that caused them to be blocked by some sites.

2 Likes