"We’re often getting “Error 503 - Service Temporarily Unavailable by Cloudflare”." Search didn't help at all

Luca from Italy, here in the hope for assistance for the following issue: "We’re often getting “Error 503 - Service Temporarily Unavailable by Cloudflare”."

Could you open a Seperate thread for this ?

I would gladly do that if Cloudflare allowed me to. Sadly, as new user, it looks like it’s impossible for me to start a new thread.

Hi @ynnebs ,

No worries Cloudflare recently kept that restriction to new users due to some spam experienced I guess

Here’s a Community tip about it Community Tip - Fixing Error: 503 Service Unavailable / Service Temporarily Unavailable

More on this I would suggest you to you to contact your hosting provider for assistance because I have personally experienced this when my hosting provider server was down yesterday which was (InfintyFree) if you are on the same host now everything is fine If not contact your host ! .

However I see it’s 14hours is the issue fixed ?

Unfortunately the issue persists. As the error I get ends with “by Cloudflare”, I have reasons to believe it’s not a problem from my hosting provider (OVH). I’m on a dedicated server and the load is average I’d say, so I really tend to exclude my hosting provider :blush:

Have you read this ?

1 Like

Yes, of course, and it specifically says to contact Cloudflare when this happens, and as they don’t provide ticket support for such issues, I was forced to signup here, wait 16 more hours just to be able to start a new topic and I guess the wait is still quite long until I’ll be able to get direct assistance for this specific issue which, in my opinion, a community wouldn’t be able to solve as it’s a Cloudflare-related technical issue, and not something I can fix by contacting my hosting provider.

1 Like

Thanks for trying to help though, @Neeraj_1. I appreciate it.

1 Like

Please open a ticket in the dashboard or email to support AT cloudflare DOT com with as much detail as possible (URL, screenshot, etc). Then post the ticket # here so we can escalate it, even if it auto-closes.

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Australia’s Business Directory | Pure Local Company Listings

@sdayman the customer is active on 2425435. @ynnebs I have reopened that ticket and copied myself on the replies

3 Likes

We have same issue for several days now, today it’s worse, for instance every 20. request to e1 (dot) shoperia (dot) sk results in 503 by Cloudflare. Our server is in Germany on contabo hosting, but we have another server in germany (hetzner hosting) where is bmxshop (dot) sk, and the issue is also there, every ~30. request results in error 503.

cnd-cgi trace:
fl=31f64
h=e1 (dot) shoperia (dot) sk
ip=88.212.x.x
ts=1650563291.338
visit_scheme=http
uag=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/100.0.4896.127 Safari/537.36 Edg/100.0.1185.44
colo=PRG
http=http/1.1
loc=SK
tls=off
sni=off
warp=on
gateway=off

It’s not related to my internet provider, my colleague living in another city in Slovakia has the same issue, and it happens on multiple our domains. It is possible there is some problem in Germany? I have seen multiple recent 503 posts on the forum.

1 Like

Glad to see I’m not the only one. Hopefully the Cloudflare team is able to let us know what’s going on.

2 Likes

I see your post and two three other recent reports of the 503 reported on community. I have escalated those to the team and added myself to the tickets and posts in order to track progress

https://community.cloudflare.com/search?expanded=true&q=503%20%23hbfeedback%20order:latest

4 Likes

We sadly have no news yet, and my customers are complaining a lot. I’m considering disabling the Orange Cloud in Cloudflare DNS Settings, as so far it’s the only quick fix (which sadly exposes our IP in return).

Yes. Same here. Do you have a ticket already? Mine is in progress since 10 days now.
My users are reporting this error dayli. I would disabling the orange cloud too, but maybe then the support can not help anymore? cause they cant investigate the problem then?

I dont know what to do. this error is very critical to me :-/

This error is very critical to everyone, I don’t get why it’s taking so long to even get Cloudflare team attention, as it’s a major issue.

Hi there Community,

Apologies for the delay on this, and so sorry that you have experienced these issues.
We are aligning your cases to an ongoing Engineering investigation regarding this 503 matter.
Our Engineers have released recent adjustments and are now actively monitoring this.

Thank you for your patience, we will provide you an update here once we have further developments.

4 Likes

All my clients are complaining about intermittent error 503, even if I deactivate botfitgh, firewall rules, browser integrity, always online and cache bypass.
It happens like in 50 diferents domains on diferents ISP. Problems starts simultaneouly on all domains, so I´m sure is a Cloudflare issue.
I already opened a ticket, but they answer that the 503 response they found on logs, only was due to security polices, but I turned all it off.
So has beed few weeks and the problem is getting worse.

Any solution? Please dont close this threath.

1 Like

Do you have a screenshot of the 503 error page? I think I know the one your talking about but I want to confirm which. Theres a couple of different ones Cloudflare might generate for 503 which gives some clues as to where along the chain the problem is.