Warp zero trust can’t access local domain fallback

I can not ping or access smb by host name. I have to use ip address or FQDN host name.local. I have this setup in a few other clients and local DNS use to work now it’s not. Local domain fallback is setup and I have excluded my local subnet in split tunnel. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

It is hard to troubleshoot the issue without a good set of logs that help us investigate, can I ask you to start by checking the Cloudflare Tunnel and the split tunnel configuration

Could I advise you to make sure that it is correctly configured to route traffic to the SMB server using its hostname. You can test this by running the cloudflared access tcp --hostname <hostname> --url localhost:<port> command on a client machine.

Also ensure that your split tunnel configuration is correctly set up in Cloudflare. Make sure that the subnet of your local network is correctly excluded from the split tunnel.

If these settings are correctly in place, Could I ask you to share with the cloudflare support team the Debug logs file to help investigate the issue ?

Hello and thank you. I will run tests later today and post. Thanks :pray:

So I ran this on the machine with the tunnel and I get this ERR Error on Websocket listener error=“failed to start forwarding server: listen tcp 10.10.1.106:445: bind: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions.”
failed to start forwarding server: listen tcp 10.10.1.106:445: bind: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.