WARP clients not using Internal DNS Servers

I have a tunnel to a private internal network. All WARP clients can get to resources via this tunnel when the IP address of the resource is specified e.g. when connecting via SSH/RDP/HTTPS.

When hostnames are used however it does not work. I have internal DNS servers that the tunnel can get to. How can I force WARP clients to use my internal DNS servers for these resources?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey @swilliams sorry for the late reply in this.
From my understanding, you want to forward the requests to your internal domain controller. Right?

We are working on adding that feature, but is not ready yet. DNS forwarding is not currently supported, but will be once we push next code updates!

In the meantime, you can use DNS override policies if that is something that could feet in your use case https://developers.cloudflare.com/cloudflare-one/policies/filtering/dns-policies-builder#override

Do you mind opening a ticket with Cloudflare Support, I’ll make sure to add this ticket to our current internal work, for review, make sure to paste the ticket number here.

let me know

1 Like