Video Has Been Restricted

Answer these questions to help the Community help you get started.

What is the domain name?
leaktube /net

Have you searched for an answer?
Yes

Please share your search results url:

When you tested your domain using the [Cloudflare Diagnostic Center], what were the results?
everything okay except dnsec

Describe the issue you are having:
Videos are been serve from Cloudflare.
Cloudflare keeps caching video content even thou everything was okay ever since i started using Cloudflare (2years ago). I set page rule to bypass caching of non html content in upload folder but still.

What error message or number are you receiving?
Video has been restricted. streaming video from Cloudflare basic service is a violation of the terms of service.

What steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

1. purge everything from cache
  2. set page rule to bypass upload content
  3. contact support via mail. no response

Was the site working with SSL prior to adding it to Cloudflare?
yes

What are the steps to reproduce the error:

1. enabling Cloudflare

Have you tried from another browser and/or incognito mode?
yes

The error only get fixed when I pause/disable Cloudflare and purge cache from my site.

This is the case unless you are using a Cloudflare product like Stream that specifically permits it.

This has nothing to do with cache and it’s not something you can fix with page rules. You either need to serve your videos from an alternate hostname that’s not proxied, unproxy your entire site or use a Cloudflare product that allows you to stream video.

Thanks for your response

I email support via mail about the limitation and received automated reply that its related to cache.
(Received mail below)

Thank you for contacting Cloudflare Support.
It looks like you are experiencing an issue with cache. Our Support team is only available to provide assistance on billing, account, and registrar related issues. If you believe your issue falls into one of these categories, please reply here. Otherwise, see the resources below.
Here is some information about caching at Cloudflare that will most likely answer your question.

Understand Cloudflare cache responses

If you do not see the CF-Cache-Status header at all in the response, that means Cloudflare is not attempting to cache this URL. Cloudflare’s caching configuration is deliberately quite cautious and will only cache what are typical static files - meaning images, javascript & stylesheets for example.

File extensions cached by default

This can easily be extended to cache HTML (or other types of files) by using page rules

Purge my cache (useful if the response from the cache is incorrect)

If you are still seeing issues, you might want to pause Cloudflare to see if the issue is caused by your server

Your plan type grants you access to Support via our Cloudflare Community. Users who post topics in the Community have a median first reply time of under one hour! Should you need quicker support for your service, we recommend exploring our paid plans for email support or 24/7 live chat. And, continue to receive great support for general questions and basic troubleshooting:
Search the Community to see if your question has already been answered. You also have full access to our detailed troubleshooting guides in the Help Center and our Developer documentation.
If you didn’t find your answer in an existing post or the resources listed above, start a new thread (don’t forget to include “Limitation on Serving Non-HTML Content” in the details).
This is an automated response, which we hope has answered your question.
Login to join the Cloudflare Community for instant advice & insight.

about the stream…
I purchase Cloudflare stream but it seems I have to upload videos on Cloudflare manually or use api…
which I do not know how to…

I think this is a case of the AI misunderstanding your issue for the autoresponse.

Yes, Cloudflare Stream is for hosting your videos on Cloudflare and you are billed based on storage and watch time.

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016450871-Billing-for-Cloudflare-Stream

For self-hosting your videos and delivering them through the proxy, you would need to look at Stream Delivery which is an Enterprise product so you would need to talk to Sales.
https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016450871-Billing-for-Cloudflare-Stream

I don’t plan on delivering my videos through Cloudflare, just to proxy my traffic and domain.
that’s what i have been using for past years without any issues so I don’t under why suddenly am getting errors.

I want solution to fix this.

cause I cannot pay for dedicated server to host my sites and same time paying $200+ each month to serve videos.

Cloudflare doesn’t want any video content to pass through their proxy unless you’re using a feature that specifically allows it

It doesn’t matter if the content is cached or not: if it’s passing through their proxy at all that’s a no-no

They don’t cut people off immediately, there’s some unknown threshold (probably based on bandwidth usage) before they’ll actively start blocking video. And you’ve apparently reached that threshold.

As an alternative to Stream you could look into storing the videos in R2 and using a Worker to retrieve them… you’d need to look at the pricing structures and limits for R2 and Workers so see if this would be feasible to you.

Or put the videos on an unproxied subdomain while leaving your main site proxied, that way your HTML and images would be passing through Cloudflare but your video would not be

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.