Verify ownership using Duck DNS

Hello,

I created Home Assistant server for my new smart home and I want to be able to connect remotely while I’m not on the local network.

After watching some tutorials, I created DNS from Duck DNS website and registered it to my Cloudflare account ander “Add a site” option.

Now when I enter my website on Cloudflare, I see that I need to verify ownership and I not sure how to do it. Do I need to rename my domain temporarly for the verification? If so, Duck DNS doesn’t allow to rename domain after alredy created.

So how can I verify ownership of my websote?

Welcome to the Cloudflare Community. :logodrop:

I don’t think you are going to be able to use a third-party domain with Cloudflare, even though duckdns.org is on the Public Suffix List. Your challenge is going to be changing the name servers for your zone I don’t see any way that you can do that in DuckDNS.

You can use you own domain as a DDNS domain with Cloudflare without the need for a DuckDNS subdomain. You could also point a CNAME for a hostname in your domain to your DuckDNS name and keep the dynamic updates on DuckDNS instead of moving it into Cloudflare.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.