Valid SSL cert issued by known CA treated as "self-signed"

I have a valid SSL certificate issued from an established CA but for some reason if I have Full (Strict) enabled, I get a 526 Invalid Certificate error from Cloudflare. If I switch to Full, however, it works, which could indicate that Cloudflare is treating the certificate as self-signed. I have multiple other sites with certificates issued from the same CA that work just fine with Full (Strict). What am I missing here?

Full (Strict) enforces more than just the certificate being signed, it also needs to have valid/matching common names, so if your web server serves the certificate for www.example.com when the request is for stuff.example.com then you’ll get a 526 error.

I thought that might be the case, but it’s a Let’s Encrypt issued wildcard certificate for all subdomains of my hosting provider and SSLChecker.com and SSLLabs.com both say everything is kosher with the cert and chain at the URL I’m CNAMEing.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.