Valid domain not resolving on Cloudflare DNS

Found a link on the net to a nice little freeware HOSTS file manager. I can visit the site just fine when using my ISP’s DNS servers, but a big fat nothing with Cloudflare or Google DNS:

C:\>nslookup abelhadigital.com 1.1.1.1
Server:  one.one.one.one
Address:  1.1.1.1

*** one.one.one.one can't find abelhadigital.com: Server failed

C:\>nslookup abelhadigital.com 8.8.8.8
Server:  google-public-dns-a.google.com
Address:  8.8.8.8

*** google-public-dns-a.google.com can't find abelhadigital.com: Server failed

C:\>nslookup abelhadigital.com 75.153.176.1
Server:  ns1.dns.telus.com
Address:  75.153.176.1

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    abelhadigital.com
Address:  104.198.14.52

Just bringing to your attention, that is all. :slight_smile:

The domain has a broken DNSSEC configuration. No validating resolver can resolve it.

It has a DS record, enabling DNSSEC, but the authoritative nameservers aren’t actually using DNSSEC.

You need to fix the DNSSEC configuration on the authoritative nameservers, or remove the DS record at the registrar to disable DNSSEC.

abelhadigital.com.      86391   IN      DS      53371 8 1 19715F9061F84AB2D3B4CB7AA1EF89ABFCBF0F12

http://dnsviz.net/d/abelhadigital.com/XCrqYA/dnssec/

Edit:

The domain is using NameSilo’s authorative DNS servers. I don’t think they support DNSSEC.

(As a registrar, NameSilo has support for manipulating DS records, but you have to use a third-party DNS service to take advantage of it.)

Edit:

Oh, it’s not your domain. Well… if you know how to contact them, and want to tell them that millions of people can’t visit their website.

closed #3

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.