Using WP as My Host. Site Experiencing 522 Error

Many of my DNS records read " This hostname is not covered by a certificate. Learn more."

The site was up and now is not accessible. I set everything to HTTPS today in an attempt to ensure that there wasn’t any issues with continuity in security. I am a novice to all of this. Thanks.

Welcome to the Cloudflare Community. :logodrop:

You will want to start by pausing Cloudflare and ensuring that your site loads correctly over HTTPS. Once that is confirmed, you can re-enable Cloudflare and follow the troubleshooting guide for error 522.

When I added my WP domain to CF, over 300 arbitrary DNS records were added. Really strange subdomains such as test, test2, forum, etc. Was under the impression that someone may have gotten a hold of my API key. I had to sit there and delete them. Everything is operational now. Appreciate it.

1 Like

It sounds like you had a wildcard record configured at your previous DNS provider. That would result the initial scan getting an answer for every name it checked.

Disabling any wildcard record in advance of the initial scan can prevent that in the future. I prefer to skip the scan myself.

I’m glad to hear that you were able to work it out. If you ever need to do a mass deletion in the future, these tools can help.

https://cloudflare-utils.cyberjake.xyz/

Ah. Ok. Thanks for the heads up. Appreciate it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.