Using WARP results in massive packet loss

To solve a TCP-Reset packet random disconnect issue to a MC Server called Hypixel I started using “CloudeFlare WARP”.

While this might work around an issue with the CloudeFlare DDoS Protection Settings on the Hypixel Server side, it has created another problem instead: Massive packet loss.

Here is a simple -n 100 google ping with and without warp enabled:
grafik

In case it is relevant I am connecting to WARP from southern Germany.

To solve a TCP-RST packet random disconnect issue to a MC Server called Hypixel I started using “CloudeFlare WARP”.

While this might work around an issue with the CloudeFlare DDoS Protection Settings on the Hypixel Server side, it has also created another problem: 20% packet loss.

Here is a simple -n 100 google ping with and without warp enabled:
grafik

In case it is relevant I am connecting to WARP from Southern Germany and the Hypixel Server is in Chicago (USA).

Now my question would be if there is anything I could improve in the WARP settings or if there is a known issue with these overseas connections right now or in general where this packet loss comes from and what I can do about it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.