Hello! I was considering using CF images for user-uploaded playlist thumbnails for one of my apps (been using Workers for 2.5 years now for it!). Seeing as I use Cloudflare for nearly everything else that I work on, it would make sense to stay within the ecosystem (and would be the preferred option). However after keeping an eye on the docs for a nearly a year now it seems as though it’s still not a supported feature?
Would there be any sort of indication as to if this is something that is in the pipeline, or has the potential to be?
If there’s no indication, or if an official response on the feature isn’t do-able at the moment, what would be the best way to handle flexible private images:
- Tackle it myself (within my app)
- My initial thoughts was that maybe writing some kind of “middleware” could work, although it’d be a bit hacky.
- Would using R2 + Cloudflare Image resizing be a good choice?
- Personally, I feel the amount of setup with this option might be a bit too hefty for my use case, not to mention having to manage two services for a single feature
- Use a different platform altogether for user uploads.
- One option I found was BunnyCDN, however I’m unsure as to how their platform works and what their DX is like
Thanks for all the effort you guys put into your products! Your services are constantly evolving, and it’s made for a really smooth DX. Keep up the good work!