Using Dynadot E-Mail with CloudFlare DNS

Hello,
I recently got a fully normal E-Mail with Dynadot (My Domain Register) and it won’t work. This is because of the DNS records being here on Cloudflare and not Dynadot Servers. Dynadot told me to contact cloudflare and I was unable to with my current account. Dynadot needs me to add records to Cloudflare but they got confusing with the “Name” fields and such, I myself am not currently knowledgeable on this exact issue. Please help me use My Dynadot E-Mail with Cloudflare Services.

Can you share what Dynadot is asking you to add (or modify)?

And what exactly got confusing here?

Please view here as I am not allowed to send more than, 4 “Links” in this message.

Thank You!

Based on that, I do understand your confusion. It seems a bit messed up, including with the _domainkey CNAME being there twice…

That said, - here is what you need to do:

1. Add a MX record, with this information:

Type: MX
Name: @
Mail server: webhost.dynadot.com
TTL: Preferably set it to something like 12-24 hours, as mail related records likely do not change that often.
Priority: 0

1. Add a TXT record, with this information:

Type: TXT
Name: @
Content: v=spf1 include:webhost-mail-out.dynadot.com include:spf.webhost.dynadot.com -all
TTL: Preferably set it to something like 12-24 hours, as mail related records likely do not change that often.

1. Add a CNAME record, with this information:

Type: CNAME
Name: default._domainkey
Target: clients._domainkey.webhost.dynadot.com
Proxy status: :grey: Unproxied / DNS-only.

https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/dns/records

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.