Using Cloudflare Wordpress App on Subdomains

We have a dedicated server and IP’s and use Cloudflare for ALL sites and as our main DNS servers.

We have a main domain (like adomain.com) on the Cloudflare PRO plan
It has WordPress installed and the Cloudflare WordPress Plugin installed. Works.
No issues there.

We ALSO have WordPress site installed on a subdomain of that main domain
(as in wpsite.adomain.com )

The question is, should the Cloudflare WordPress Plugin also be installed on the subdomain site?

Not sure if using the Cloudflare Plugin on the subdomain is redundant - subdomain has same IP as the main domain and both use the same Cloudflare DNS (on the main domain Cloudflare panel)

Could not find any information on this particular setup we have. :slight_smile:

Sid B.

Yes you should.

Thanks for the reply! :smiley:

I installed the plugin on a subdomain site, and got this message:

You are using a subdomain for your site, apart from the APO feature, any Cloudflare settings applied via this plugin will be applied to your original domain as well.

Raised the question, if a change is made on main domain will it also propagate down to the subdomain sites? I would hope so, but I try to avoid making assumptions

Thanks again for your help :slight_smile:

Oh, and in the APO section I got this warning:

cf-edge-cache response header is missing! Please clear any server cache used via other plugins.

We don’t have any cache plugins on the sites as yet (looking for one that works WELL with cloudflare). The main domain and subdomain sites are i ‘develop’ mode at moment.