Using Cloudflare with a .weebly.com website

Hi All,

I’m new to Cloudflare and my website I am attempting to add my website http://musingsofatruthseeker.weebly.com to the Cloudflare network (I’m on the free plan with both CF and Weebly) and get the following error “We were unable to identify xxx as a registered domain. Please ensure you are providing the root domain and not any subdomains … (Code: 1099).”

I have checked various forums and it seems that in order to use weebly, I cannot register a .weebly.com site with CF as this is a sub-domain - is this correct?

And does the same also apply with a .wordpress.com website?

Regards
Monica

Everything you said is correct. You must have a domain, you would need to register weebly.com or wordpress.com (you are not the owner in this case, but those are just examples).

loudFlare uses proxies by default so when trying to setup Google Apps and other services that are looking for Weebly IPs it is seeing Cloudflare IPs. I don’t have to use CF for this particular site so I can just update my registrar directly with Weebly IPs.

Well, you could delegate your DNS to Cloudflare, using its DNS servers and add the required records for Weebly there. Why would Google G Suite require a Weebly IP? They use almost exclusively MX records towards themselves.

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.