Using Cloudflare Origin CA certificate on website using external email provider

Answer these questions to help the Community help you with Security questions.

acagenerals . org

Have you searched for an answer? Yes

Please share your search results url:
No. Pre-configuration question.

When you tested your domain using the [Cloudflare Diagnostic Center], what were the results?
No test. Pre-configuration question.

Describe the issue you are having:
I have installed Cloudflare Origin CA certificates on websites with no external email provider, ie: Google Workspace. No issues.

However, before making the changes on websites that use external email providers, ie: Google Workspace, I wanted to ensure there would be no issues since the DNS MX records point to the Google email servers.

What error message or number are you receiving?

You are unable to access website

No problem accessing websites where Cloudflare Origin CA certificate has been installed.

What steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

No steps taken. Asking a pre-configuration question.

Was the site working with SSL prior to adding it to Cloudflare?
Yes

What are the steps to reproduce the error:

No errors.

Have you tried from another browser and/or incognito mode?
No. Asking a pre-configuration question.

Please attach a screenshot of the error:
No scrrenshot needed.

Changing certificates for your websites won’t have any relation to your email traffic at all.

In the most typical kind of set ups, you typically wouldn’t be able to mess up anything email related, if you make sure you avoid playing around with these kind of DNS record(s):

1. MX records
  2. TXT (SPF) records where Content is starting with “v=spf1”.
  3. TXT records where Name contains “_domainkey”)
  4. TXT records where Name starts with “_dmarc”)

The domain you mentioned to begin with, seems to be working just fine from my end?

So I’m wondering, are you currently seeing that error message anywhere, and if so, where exactly?

I had installed the Cloudflare certificate so the website works fine. I have about 60 other websites to make these changes and just wanted to ensure it would no impact external email service providers.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.