Using cloudfare and 123 reg for forum

Hi
Hoping someone can help me. I’m a complete newbie and technophobe so please go easy on me.
I have a domain banksyforum that is currently hosted at 123reg. I want to use cloudfare to get it to forward to the forum and use the www.banksforum.com website address.

The instructions on the forum website do thishttps://banksyforum.freeforums.net/admin/upgrades/domains

I cannot get the CNNAME on Cloudflare to populate with the address Banksy.com as it says it will

Can anyone tell me what I need to do at the 123reg site?
thanks

That is primarily a question or your registrar and your host. Your forum first needs to load fine on your domain and on HTTPS before you can even consider Cloudflare.

I understand they offer a paid custom domain feature

Domain Names — You can link your own domain name (such as your-name .com) to your forum for a yearly fee. Full details can be found in your forum’s admin panel under Paid Features.

You’ll need to sign up for that, make sure that it also includes a certificate, and only once all of that works you could add Cloudflare to that mix.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.