Users not using the search

lol…Maybe im crazy, but I feel like the difficulty of asking a question to “the community” (a broad term for forums, irc channels, and other discussion mediums) directly correlates to the amount of time spent before asking the question.

The harder it is to ask the question (say, there are 3+ hour response times, or no one is online unless it is 1AM, etc.), the less poorly-researched questions there are, and the more, “I genuinely spend a load of time trying stuff and googling and asking friends and I cannot for the life of me figure this out” kinds of questions. On the other hand, when there are 24/7/36[5/6] replies, people waste other people’s time first, not last.

Kinda sad to be honest, I wish popular discussion/support forums had a “if your question is easily Googleable someone will just reply with a LMGTFY link and permalock the thread” rule, but no dice.

1 Like

Do that and there is a good chance you’ll get a second, third, fourth thread complaining about how abusive you are and how bad Cloudflare and the community is.

Roughly two thirds of the topics here are repetitions of what was posted earlier, sometimes only a couple of threads earlier. The search is a rather underutilised feature on the forum :slight_smile:

I really want to say “that’s what the banhammer is for”, but I understand why they do what they do.

Cloudflare doesn’t ban all that quickly :slight_smile:
To be honest, I do not fully understand why people seemingly lost the ability to do the most basic research on their own first.

This topic was automatically closed 8 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.