Use pages without name server change?

Hi there can I use custom domain for Cloudflare pages without having to change the name servers? I want to add just an A record as the email and other stuff is not hosted with Cloudflare.

is this an option with Cloudflare pages or I have to change the name servers to Cloudflare?

thanks

Hi @kepona2732,

Yes! When adding a custom domain to a Pages project, you will be given the option to use a CNAME setup. If your custom domain is www.example.com and your Pages subdomain is example.pages.dev, then you will have to create a DNS record with www.example.com IN CNAME example.pages.dev at your existing name servers.

Please note that the apex domain (e.g. example.com) cannot be added using a CNAME setup. Only subdomains such as www.example.com or pages.example.com will work. If you need to add an apex domain, you’ll have to change name servers to Cloudflare.

1 Like

thanks for the info shared, I currently use the domain without the www does this means I have to change it to the www? This will make difficult for SEO to handle as I have to change all non www to www is there a solution to this?

thanks

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.