Use my own subdomain nameservers

Use my own custom nameserver - ticket: [#2187356]

I want to use my custom nameservers - I even transferred one of my domains registrar to Cloudflare, so now Cloudflare is my registrar - but I want to use my own subdomain as nameserver:

Example:

nameserver: ns1.mydomain.com
nameserver: ns2.mydomain.com

Instead of:

nameserver: alex.ns.cloudflare.com
nameserver: lady.ns.cloudflare.com

I know this is for paid customer, but since I transferred my domain registrar to Cloudflare I’ve already become a paid customer in such a way.
Kindly advice.

@MoreHelp - since it’s been days that I opened the ticket and there is no ANSWER

Vanity/custom nameservers are only available on Business or Enterprise plans.

1 Like

What about this - https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200169006-Setting-up-Custom-Nameservers-at-Cloudflare#h_3OaVjysQ2aSeZXhaElIf5I

On domains that use Cloudflare Registrar the update of the nameservers is automatic and no further steps are required.

First line of the Overview section.

Cloudflare domains on Business or Enterprise plans can set Custom Nameservers at Cloudflare.

That applies to Business or Enterprise plans that are using Cloudflare Registrar.

1 Like

Then there’s no point of ridiculously transferring the registrar to Cloudflare

That’s definitely your choice. No one forces you to do so, it’s an option.

1 Like

I agree - now, refresh my mind.
Is there any business logic in lighting fire on 200USD+ per month just to have a ns1.mydomain.com?

Absolutely not for me, there are additional features, that’s just one of them. For someone those are imperative, for others they aren’t. It’s totally subjective.

2 Likes

Thank you for your time - now I totally regret of moving 4 domains to Cloudflare - because there’s no point in not having an own nameserver convention.
I will move them out of Cloudflare to any CDN or Cloud DNS provider that provides it for free.

Now - not only Cloudflare does not dispose of proper support to free customers - forcing me to come to the community - but also does not let me escalate the subject to the staff using MoreHelp

What is this? Censorship for customers?

You got a reply, a correct one nonetheless to a request you already had the support article clearly stating it, within 1 minute of posting, while abusing @MoreHelp which should be used after not receiving a reply for 72hrs.

Move the domains as you please, I personally don’t gain, nor lose anything. You will need to wait 60 days per ICANN regulations. Issues can be escalated to support, if needed. This didn’t need it.

3 Likes

4 The Registrar may, but is not required to, impose restrictions on the removal of the lock described in Section II.C.2. For example, the Registrar will only remove the lock after five business days have passed, the lock removal must be authorized via the Prior Registrant’s affirmative response to email, etc.

This would only show to the world how Cloudflare is.

There are certain situations that can prevent a domain name from being transferred to a different registrar, such as a new registration. Your registrar may deny a transfer request if the domain name is within 60 days of initial registration. Another situation is if the domain name is subject to a 60-day Change of Registrant lock. You cannot transfer a domain name to a different registrar within 60 days of making changes to the registrant name, organization or email address (or the Administrative Contact email address, if there is no registrant email address). At their discretion, some registrars may provide an option for you to opt-out of this 60-day lock period. However, this rule is in place for your protection against unauthorized transfers and the registrar does not have to offer this option.

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/name-holder-faqs-2017-10-10-en

Didn’t you just say

So we are done here, are we not?

1 Like

I was expecting something more decent from Cloudflare to be honest, since I am myself one of the responsible people regarding the definition of moving an european bank DNS to Cloudflare.

Then I am very sorry for them. You should read carefully before moving domains around, but actually doing everything.

1 Like

As Matteo already wrote you best pursue this via a support ticket. The community is the wrong place for that.

Closing, as the question was addressed and a decision to move away was made.

2 Likes

I was trying to be polite, but apparently you do not appreciate that.

This forum is for constructive discussions and not for endless whining. You asked a question and got a spot-on response from two members within minutes. What do you want?

Everything else was just random ranting about unfairly you are treated and how bad Cloudflare’s service is. If you don’t like it, you a free to sign up with any other service. Something which you yourself actually even already stated.

If I may quote you.

You got your answer and now it would be time to be a tad grateful instead of continuously complaining about everything.

Do not open further threads about the same topic, as they will be flagged as spam from now on.