URL redirect issue with no root domain A record

I have a domain, for example mydomain.help. I have a CNAME for portal.mydomain.help that redirects everything to a 3rd party web portal service hosted in Azure. I would like to redirect any request to mydomain.help to portal.mydomain.help which in turn triggers the CNAME redirect. Is this possible with Cloudflare? I don’t have an A record for the root domain mydomain.help as I don’t have anything hosted there which seems to be causing an issue with this redirect. I have tried both Page Rules & Redirect Rules but I think the fact I don’t have an A record for mydomain.help it is causing an issue. Anyone accomplished this?

Yes there is non-depreciated version. I am old school so I still use this one. Read Step 1 2x. Do the needful and then follow the rest of the instructions. No reason to send it to portal. , you can send it to wherever it needs to go directly.

I have to send to the CNAME as that is used for an Azure web app we use hosted here myapp.us.azurewebsites.nett. I was able to accomplish this previously with the Registrar’s (Hover) URL forwarding which previously held my DNS.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.