Urgently need to get a response from Billing and/or Support. Pets in danger

Hello,

Can anyone advise on a quicker route to get hold of Billing and/or Support?

This pertains to ticket #2097848

We have had no response. The urgency is that this relates to domains that have been renewed. We added one year, the charge came off our card, and the invoices were received.

However, the domains do not reflect the additional year.

The urgency is that one of the domains lostfoundadopt.com is set for deletion, as per a warning sent by Cloudflare. The domain owner was17 days late in paying for the domain name, as pet shelters are always strapped for cash.

This domain controls heating and feeding systems at remote pet shelters. If this domain goes dark, it will be disastrous for them.

Does anyone know how to get the attention of billing/support, apart from filing a ticket?

Also, does anyone know what happens if a domain is deleted by the Cloudflare registrar? I assume the site will stop resolving?

Any help/advice will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Herby

Hello @herby.olschewski

I just happened to notice your post. I see that you have a great deal of urgency behind your request. I reached out to the registrar team and asked for someone to reach out to you. It is currently after hours and I believe that most of our billing team is located in California (PST - GMT -8:00). I will monitor the request I submitted and make sure that someone reaches out to you as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Thanks Jeff.

That’s very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Herby

@herby.olschewski, as far as I can tell the issue should be fixed. The registry shows an expiration date of 2022 and the domain status does not indicate any suspension and it resolves fine.

But there is one big issue

I am not quite sure what you mean by that but you should definitely address that issue. There can always be an issue with a domain and if such vital functionality depends on DNS you are just waiting for a catastrophy to happen.

Definitely decouple that from that domain (and for that matter from DNS altogether) and do this as soon as possible.

Thanks Sandro.

Whois still shows it as expired, but let’s hope it’s just a case of the whois needing to update >> Whois Lookup Captcha

Yes, we have learned from this experience and making plans to change the monitoring systems. Basically, it works with webhooks and API, to trigger heating thermostat controls in a saas app. The webhooks are coded with the actual domain name in the URL. We are reverting to another method in the future.

Cheers,

Herby

Cloudflare still announces an expiration of 2021 but the registry has 2022 there. That might be because the renewed it temporarily in the background but then the status should say so and it does not. But yes, you best double check that with Cloudflare.

As for the monitoring, that should definitely have a high priority. The domain can go down at any time and that is not limited to it being expired. You have a critical single point of failure here which could prove disastrous. IMHO you should drop everything else and fix that first :slight_smile:

Thanks Sandro.

Yes, we are busy changing code, as we speak :slight_smile:

Herby

1 Like

Hi @herby.olschewski I flagged this for attention internally. We will reach out on the ticket with news as soon as we get an update from the Registrar team.

2 Likes

Thanks Rapha!

Herby

1 Like

@rapha please can you urgently look at my last reply to ticket 2097848

It has been assigned to a billing support person, who obvious does NOT have a clue of the status of this issue. Read his response there. Basically a cut and paste nonsense answer.

I am now REALLY concerned about that domain :frowning:

Cheers,

Herby

Hey @herby.olschewski! me and @jeffh followed the ticket closely yesterday. The issue with the domain is now resolved. Feel free to follow up on the ticket if you need any additional help though. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.