Urgent: Unreasonable Account Suspension and Domain Refund Handling

Hello everyone,

I am here to share a very serious issue I recently encountered with Cloudflare and seek assistance from the community.

My Experience:

1. I have been a long-term Cloudflare user, consistently using PayPal for payments without any issues.
  2. On May 16, 2024, I received an email from Cloudflare requesting verification of my payment method within 24 hours. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I missed this email within the given timeframe.
  3. As a result, my Cloudflare account was suspended, all domains purchased through Cloudflare were canceled, and refunds were processed via PayPal.
  4. This led to multiple websites I manage being taken offline, causing significant disruptions to my business.

My Concerns:

• Unreasonable Verification Timeframe: Providing only a 24-hour window for verification is too short for any user who might miss the email.
  • Overly Aggressive Account Suspension: Even if account suspension is necessary, canceling purchased domains and processing refunds is excessive. This directly disrupted active websites, causing major issues.
  • This handling is akin to divorcing a couple because of a delayed flight and killing their already born children; or like business partners demolishing a completed building because of a missed email. Such extreme measures do not consider the user’s actual circumstances and business needs.

My Requests:

1. Immediate restoration of my account and all associated services.
  2. Reversal of domain cancellations and restoration of all previously registered domains.
  3. Resumption of normal billing and payment processing via my previous PayPal method.

I hope Cloudflare takes this issue seriously and provides a more humane and reasonable solution. This kind of handling significantly undermines trust in Cloudflare.

Thank you for your attention and support. I hope to receive a prompt resolution.

Best regards,
David.

If I missed the verification email, please send another one. No matter what the issue is, let’s solve it together.

For example, if a telecommunications company sends you an email and you don’t receive it in time, would it be acceptable for them to cancel your phone number after just 2 days? This is what I’m experiencing with my Cloudflare account.

Please help. I have entrusted my most important work assets to Cloudflare, and I didn’t expect to be treated like this. It’s causing significant disruption to my business.

Questions about billing will need to be resolved by the Customer Support team and cannot be resolved on the Community.

To contact the billing team, please submit a new support request from your Cloudflare account directly through the Cloudflare dashboard. Visit https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/support and choose Billing. Please share your ticket number here so that we can track it.

Hello,

Thank you for your response. As per your suggestion, I have submitted a new support request through the Cloudflare support page. In fact, I have already submitted 5 support tickets, but each time I only receive a response stating that I will be contacted soon. So far, no one has contacted me.

I have entrusted my most important work assets—my domain registrations—to Cloudflare, but I did not expect to be treated this way. This has caused significant disruption to my business.

Please check my support ticket numbers and help expedite the resolution of this issue. Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,

David

1 Like

I see your original ticket 3271005 has been escalated to the Trust & Safety team.

Please don’t open any more tickets, that will just slow down the replies for you and everyone else.

1 Like