URGENT! My website showing on someone else's domain!

Hi there, I unfortunately let my domain name lapse and catch.com have bought it from NameBright.com. The problem is that they are hosting my site on the domain. They have managed to change the telephone number on the contacts page to their own. The site doesn’t always appear straight away and not on all browsers, but it does appear on Google Chrome for instance. I need the site taken down immediately. The domain name is nannysshieldaig.com. You will get a message “this site can’t be reached” first of all, but then after clicking two or three times the site will appear. I need Cloudflare to contact the owner to remove my site from the domain please. Thank you.

That domain appears to have been suspended already at the registrar and does not resolve…

clientHold

This status code tells your domain’s registry to not activate your domain in the DNS and as a consequence, it will not resolve. It is an uncommon status that is usually enacted during legal disputes, non-payment, or when your domain is subject to deletion.

Often, this status indicates an issue with your domain that needs resolution. If so, you should contact your registrar to resolve the issue. If your domain does not have any issues, but you need it to resolve, you must first contact your registrar and request that they remove this status code.

EPP Status Codes | What Do They Mean, and Why Should I Know? - ICANN

In any case, if you feel that a site using Cloudflare is engaging in illegal or inappropriate activities, you can submit an abuse report at cloudflare.com/abuse. You will receive a confirmation email with a confirmation code in the Subject. While the Trust and Safety team will review the details of your report, that may be the only reply you receive. You can also report the site to your relevant local authorities. Complaints cannot be filed via this forum.

3 Likes

Hi domjh, thank you for replying so quickly. I don’t now own the domain, but whoever now owns it, has somehow duplicated the original website I had on the domain and is showing it themselves on this domain. They have managed to get into the original site and changed the contact number. I’m not sure who is to blame for this, if anyone, but I am struggling to know who to speak to to get the site taken off the domain, which I now don’t have access to. It must be illegal to host someone else’s site on your domain?

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.