Urgent issue with connecting to Squarespace site

Transferred domain from SiteGround to Cloudflare today in order to host our new Squarespace site. SiteGround people walked us through every step of the way.

However, Squarespace cannot verify the domain ownership, despite all the correct DNS settings within Cloudflare. Both SiteGround and Squarespace chat support said this is a Cloudflare issue, but seeing as we just joined with a free account today, we can’t contact chat support and I have no idea how long a ticket will take.

Does anyone have any advice?

The website is earthmatterz.com

I’m not familiar with Squarespace operations. How does Squarespace verify domain ownership?

I’m not entirely sure how to answer that. We went through this process:

Does that answer your question?

So you’re supposed to create some DNS records that look like this?

www.earthmatterz.com is currently :orange: … if it is supposed to point to ext-cust.squarespace.com (e.g. that is what they are checking for) the record in Cloudflare needs to be :grey:. Same for the rest of the records.

So, to clarify… every single record needs to have the gray cloud?

Try just the CNAME that points to ‘verify.squarespace’ and set it to :grey: DNS Only.

In addition to the already greyed out ext-cust one or JUST the verify one?

The ext-cust might actually be ok with :orange:. But to fix your issue, focus on the ‘verify’ one for now.

1 Like

With both greyed out, now we’re looking like this:

But the site is still down.

It works for me, though it redirects to ‘www’, which is not proxied by Cloudflare and is not configured for HTTPS.

1 Like

When I refresh, they all turn red again.

Sorry, I don’t understand what you mean. (This is all foreign to me). What do I need to do?

See if Squarespace can get your ‘www’ site to load with HTTPS in the address bar.

It’s live now and seems to work for me with https … not sure what changed. But you were right with the gray clouds! Thanks!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.