Urgent Help Needed: Payment Issue with Domain Renewal

Hello Cloudflare Community,

I’m in a bit of a tight spot and urgently need your assistance. I’m based in India, and my domain is set to expire in less than 2 days, and despite multiple attempts, I am unable to process the payment for its renewal. Every time I try, I receive the following error message:

“We were unable to process your payment. To keep your domain registration, update your payment method.”

Here’s what I’ve tried so far:

1. Attempted payment through PayPal.
  2. Used my credit card directly.
  3. Ensured that my ATM POS and international payments are enabled.

Despite these efforts, I haven’t had any success. I have also reached out to Cloudflare support but haven’t received a response yet.

This situation is extremely urgent as I cannot afford any downtime in my service. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue or alternative methods I can use to ensure my domain doesn’t expire?

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

You need to open a billing ticket here: https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/support

You didn’t say how early your previous attempts was though, but as you (typically) don’t have to wait until the expiration to either renew or transfer your domain names, I would suggest you to plan such things going forward.

If you have one or more domain(s) where you cannot afford any downtime, I would:

1. Start the renewal process, at least 3-4 weeks before the expiration.

2. Start the transfer process (if that’s what you want), at least 3-4 weeks before the expiration.

Such kind of planning/acting in advance could give you the actual space that may be required, such as e.g. getting this kind of issue resolved within time, and before any downtime may occur.

Standing in the last moment is rarely a good idea, and especially not when it comes in, or around seasonal holidays like Christmas and New Year that we’ve just went through.

Any chance you can share the ticket number(s) you have, that are related to this issue, so we can try escalating it?

i did, but they are not responding

What is your ticket number? I can try and escalate it

ticket no. 3078949

For the record, -

Your ticket was was escalated not so long after your post last night.

1 Like

Hi there,

Thank you for opening the ticket.

We will be following up via ticket.

2 Likes

@itssmukhtar

My colleague Bex already replied to you on ticket 3078949.

Kind regards,

1 Like