Urgent help needed: How to speed up the domain transfer to Cloadflare

Dear community,

My case may be a bit special, im a little bit worried.

Today I transferred a domain from godaddy to cloudflare, this domain is expired 7 days ago on 3/29/2021, but I still got the authorization code and fulfilled the requirements of both parties.

Now the status at godaddy is: “transfer is pending”.
And status at cloudflare:

My question are:

1. What can I do to speed up the transfer process?
  2. Will the transfer fail? My bank shows that cloudflare has charged for one year.
  3. I really worry that i have to pay standard price+redemption fee at godaddy.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. I already manually approved the transfer for immediate release at godaddy.

I’m not even sure why GoDaddy would let you transfer an expired domain. They shouldn’t let you do anything with it until you renew it with them. You really need to take this up with GoDaddy, as Cloudflare assumes that if you have an auth code that your domain is in the clear.

Hi @sdayman thank you for your reply. I transfered 3 domains from godaddy to cloudflare today, all of them are expired. 2 expired 1 day(expired on April 4th) and they can be transfered in just several minutes.

But this one which is expired 7 days ago, still in progress. Do you think i need to renew it on godaddy first?

I found this on namecheap:

How can I transfer an expired domain from GoDaddy?

If your domain has expired, it is possible to transfer it if the following conditions are met:

• The domain has to be unlocked for transfer;
  • You have Auth/EPP code for the domain;
  • The domain should be within the reactivation grace period at GoDaddy;
  • The Whois Privacy Protection should be disabled.

I think i met the conditions but still don’t understand why the transfer still in progress.

1 Like

Can you share the domain name in question so we can troubleshoot further?

If your domain has expired, you may have to pay a redemption fee over at Godaddy to renew it before you can process a transfer.

2 Likes

currently i don’t need to pay redemption fee yet, cause it expired 7 days, still in the grace period at godaddy.

how can i send my domain to you privately? acctually i also summited a ticket already but a bot answered me…

@blas : here is my ticket https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/requests/2125739 .

Ok, got it, pulled up the ticket and can see with whois that the status is pending transfer.

As you can see from the screenshot from your post above, this process can take up to 5 days. At this point, the ball is on Godaddy’s court as Cloudflare is awaiting the transfer to be approved from the previous registrar.

Have you contacted Godaddy regarding this? If not, then that’s where I’d go check next to see if 1. they can release, or 2. if there are any additional issues with your account that may be preventing this process from completing.

2 Likes

ok got it, im contacting godaddy.

btw i apply the transfer several days ago but got problem at cloudflare and i tried 2 days to figure out the problem: i deleted the payment method then add it again(the same payment method), then it’s ok…

Glad to see that the domain transferred successfully!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.