URGENT-Domain Renewal issue

I am trying to renew domain name and it says to contact support. I called and they pointed me here. It is in Pending Deletion status and I have no idea of which direction to go. Mom just passed, missed the emails. Please advise. Any help much appreciated. Says it will stat in the status its in for 30 days. Its been 4 days now.

Hello,

TL;DR bold.

If your domain is on pendingDelete status then it can no longer be renewed and will very soon be deleted and be available to be registered again. There are some cases where the status is “Pending Delete Restorable” and it can still be renewed at a higher price. You should go to your domain registrar and see if there’s any option to recover/renew it, if it says you can’t then you should either find a new domain or try to register it again when it’s deleted.

3 Likes

Please share the domain name and the ticket number here.

3 Likes

I don’t have a ticket #, can’t find an option to submit a ticket. Appreciate you reaching out, but I’m unsure if its another action I need to take. I received this email 2 days ago. Is this thread public or private?

Pending Deletion Notice

Hi,

Please be advised that the domain _______________ is now in pending Delete status. The domain will remain in pending Delete status for approximately 35 days before being made available for registration by the general public. The domain may still be restorable.

You should go to the website where you registered the domain and try to renew it if that is an option.

Let us know if there’s anything else we can help you with.

I believe they mean that they used Cloudflare Registrar and so “where they registered the domain” is Cloudflare.

@marlon4 Is this correct?

Yes. Registered through Cloudflare

To open a ticket, follow these steps:

If you are a Cloudflare account holder, please submit a new support request from the email address you used to register your Cloudflare account. You should open a ticket directly through the Cloudflare dashboard following these steps:

1. Log in to your Cloudflare account and click on “Support” in the top right corner, from the drop down select Help Center.
  2. Click on your name in the top right corner, and in the drop down menu select “My activities” where you will see your existing requests.
  3. Scroll to the bottom of the “My Requests” page and click “Submit a request”.

Once you’ve opened a ticket, please post the ticket number here and we can escalate. If you still can’t open a ticket following these steps, you could also try emailing [email protected]

Thank you! Just saw your directions, much appreciated. Here is the ticket # 2530101

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve escalated that and noted the issue for the next engineer through the community:

1 Like

Thank you! :pray:t6:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.