URGENT: Domain name server still linked to Cloudflare after transfer to Shopify

Hi! I am facing a big issue with my domain that does not allow me to publish my website.

I had my Wordpress website linked to my domain that was hosted in Bluehost.
I decided to transfer my domain to Shopify and create a new website.

I made the domain transfer using the Bluehost process, but Shopify says that SSL is still pending and that I need to rename the name server, because it’s still allocated in Cloudflare. At the moment when I enter my domain terra-neo.com I get the following message:

# Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access this resource.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I am really overwhelmed as this situation does not allow me to have my website online and sell. It has been a week already.

As you can see in the image below, name server is still CLOUDFLARE.

PLEASE HELP!!!

That domain is not using Cloudflare name servers. Your image is the SSL certificate. It says Cloudflare because you’ve pointed your domain to Shopify.

Make Shopify fix this, as you’re already pointed to them.

Hey @sdayman thanks for your answer!

I don’t understand why it still appears Cloudflare in Servertype or Nameserver. This is what’s blocking my SSL according to Shopify.

They told me that I need your help to unlock it.

Any clue? I have been already 15 days without being able to use my domain. Thanks

They need our help to fix their IP address? They’re idiots.

Hey @sdayman . I hope you are doing great! Do you think you can take a look at their answer? Maybe it helps to discover what os going on. Thank you!

The ball is still in their court. If they’re not lazy or incompetent, they’ll be able to fix it.

I don’t know where they’re seeing a traceroute. It’s just a name server lookup and then a hostname lookup. Maybe they’re not just lazy.

Hey. Thanks for your answer.

What do you suggest me to do to solve this issue?

Thanks

Not use Shopify since they can’t support you.

Hey @sdayman I tried to be very polite with you, but your answers make me feel that you are not willing to help, but just saying that Shopify guys are idiots, incompetent, etc.

I don’t know what’s going on here, but even without solving the problem they have been in touch with me in a very polite way, giving me details of what is going on and apparently digging in the case to find a solution.

I did not switch to Shopify just because. I had a wordpress website before but everything was a mees, maybe too complex to handle for the knowledge I have.

What’s going on is that Shopify can not set up a store when their users point DNS to Shopify’s IP address and hostname. And then they send their customers here to solve their problems.

We are not Shopify Support. If they can’t figure out how to use Clouflare, then they shouldn’t use it.

It’s like me selling you a lock to put on your door, but not giving you the right keys. Then sending you to the lock company to fix the problem.

Why are you buying a product from Shopify, then coming here for support? It’s because they are not supporting you. This happens way too often, and it’s clear they can’t get thier act together.

1 Like

I am not having a good experience with my domain being managed by Shopify, that’s for sure. But your answers don’t give me any solution either. I did not stop using Cloudlfare intentionally. I just needed to have a website easier to manage (than wordpress), for someone with a limited programming knowledge.

But I am also very disappointed by the answers I am getting in this community which are not helping me but just saying that Shopify guys are idiots.

I really appreciate your reactivity, but I hope you understand that this is not the way you should treat customers if your strategy is to be customer centric.

After this interactions I don’t think I would ever recommend Cloudflare to anybody again.

As I said, you’re not a Cloudflare customer. You’re a Shopify customer.

I’m sorry your onboarding at Shopify did not live up to your expectations. You have every right to be upset, but not at Cloudflare’s expense because Shopify can’t be bothered to open a ticket with Cloudflare support. They have a 1-hour average response time on their Cloudflare account to fix problems like this.

Hey @sdayman you should have said to me before. I will push them now to stop using me as link when they can directly contact you.
It’s true that I am not a customer anymore, but it does not mean that you can answer this way to people just because they are not your customers anymore. I really hope they can contact your team to solve this issue.

My original answer was short and to the point, and documented. I told you to have them fix this because your domain points to them. But they sent you, their customer, on a wild goose chase. And someone else has to tell them how to do their job.