Upgrade from Pro to Business - "Delayed?" - Ridiculous Answer from Support

I’ve been trying to upgrade our account for a site for 2 days now, the Cloudflare dashboard clearly has an ‘upgrade’ button, which we are using, and the site indicates we are switching from Pro to Business, then I get an email saying "we’re sorry to see you go. (from the Pro Plan) - but the upgrade to Business never occurs.

When we contacted support through the ticket system (because, crazily we can’t get any real support for the issue being on “pro” plan), we get a ridiculous answer back that the “Pro” plan was paid through August 2024, and at that time will downgrade, and THEN they will upgrade the account to Business starting August 2024.

Are you kidding me Cloudflare? Just because we were on an annual paid plan for Pro that doesn’t expire until August, you can’t upgrade the plan now? That’s the most ridiculous policy and most ridiculous “not understanding common sense” answer I’ve ever heard.

Surely I got a less than properly educated person with that response, as Cloudflare can’t expect you to wait months to upgrade an account from one level to another just because it was prepaid annually? Their own help support articles about billing even indicate you can upgrade/downgrade and billing is pro-rated.

How do I get an intelligent person at Cloudflare billing to handle this?

Welcome to the Cloudflare Community. :logodrop:

I am sorry to hear about the difficulty upgrading. That sounds very frustrating.

Can you create a Billing ticket and share your ticket number here? You can open a Billing ticket here, https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/support

1 Like

Hi @brett26 I noticed your ticket 3173876 with the Support team and will add myself to it to track progress. I’ll flag that ticket and this post for my colleagues in Support.

1 Like

Hi @brett26

I have replied in the ticket and we will continue there, so I will close this post.

Hi @brett26, your topic has a solution here.

Let us know what you think of the solution by logging in and give it a :+1: or :-1:.

Solutions help the person that asked the question and anyone else that sees the answer later. Login to tell us what you think of the solution with a :+1: or :-1:.