Updating MX records is causing 1004 errors

Hi Guys,

i hope some one can help me as I am stuck, i am trying to update some MX records and a mail Cname record on my customers domain but I keep getting 1004 errors and I can work out why, I haver gone through the resources but I am still stuck so hoping you can advise me ?

regards

If you copy/pasted the target, try typing it instead.

Sometimes, there are invisible characters hidden in the source.

2 Likes

thanks for your reply, unfortunately that didnt work , I have set up email many times without issues so I am not sure why I am suddenly getting errors, as far as i can see this is generation 2 mailbox setting from 123-reg

as well as the above CNAME error I am also getting a 9009 error when setting the MX records, I have included a screenshot below , any advise would be really appreciated as i am not used to seeing errors and i cant find anything in the resource to help

regards

Can you maybe test this in a private browser window, by typing the values (no copy/paste)?

Also, on your 2nd screenshot, you have entered your whole domain, you should use @ as the name.

2 Likes

many thanks for your help, in the end it did turn out to be invisible characters as typing in the records manually did work

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.