Update nameservers - website down

My website was working fine until I received an email from Cloudflare to update my nameservers, so I did it and since that my website is down. It supposed to be fixed in 24 hours but that is not true. Whan can I do to fix this?

When you added the site to Cloudflare, did you make sure you had all the DNS records that your domain needs? It should be a perfect match to the DNS records your host has listed for your domain.

Yes, I did it. Actually, as I said, the website was working fine, I was asked by cloudflare to update the nameservers and I did it. It suposed to be replicated in 24 hours but I am still without service.

I got a DNS error that says:

What can I do?

If you are the owner of this website:
you should login to Cloudflare and change the DNS A records for your domain to resolve to a different IP address.

The DNS A records are good.

When you say the website is down, what error are you getting?

That looks like a 1xxx error. Can you share the exact code.

Error 1000

Ray ID: 640f19b09c28b540 • 2021-04-16 17:23:14 UTC

DNS points to prohibited IP

What happened?

You’ve requested a page on a website (mydomain.com.co) that is on the Cloudflare network. Unfortunately, it is resolving to an IP address that is creating a conflict within Cloudflare’s system.

What can I do?

If you are the owner of this website:
you should login to Cloudflare and change the DNS A records for mydomain.com.co to resolve to a different IP address.

and, in the general status of my domain in cloudflare it says: “pending name server update” that is the nameserver change I did yesterday according to cloudflare request I received. I think it is taking long time to update that nameserver… but how can I speed up the process?

That’s saying that the IP address you entered belongs to Cloudflare instead of a hosting server. Where is the site hosted?

The Pending message is often because it can take up to 48 hours for that to fully update.

If you need more specific guidance, please post your domain name.

1 Like

The combination of error 1000 and pending nameserver update sounds like you have added your domain to Cloudflare, and then added it to another account. During the process of adding your domain, Cloudflare attempt to figure out your current DNS records. This does not work if the zone is already active on Cloudflare.

Check that you are looking at the correct account, and verify that all of the DNS records have the correct origin IP address you got from your hosting provider.

2 Likes

My domain name is pa2pa.com.co

It was working fine. I only update the nameservers according to cloudflare request. I did not do anything else.

Thank you very much for your support.

I forget to mentioned, the domain is from Go Daddy and it is hosted into Hostinger provider. The IP address that I put in Cloudflare is from Hostinger where I have hosted my website.

May I ask what values have you got under A or CNAME recorsd (the "content column) at your DNS dashboard for your domain at your Cloudflare account?

Kindly, check the suggestions from the below article:

Are you using Cloudflare from the Hostinger interface or from your Cloudflare account?

For starters, I suggest you use the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option from the Overview page here (lower right corner) and give it five minutes to update.

While you’re waiting, double check DNS to make sure it’s using the same IP address Hostinger has in their DNS system for your domain.

2 Likes

I forget to mentioned, the domain is from Go Daddy and it is hosted into Hostinger provider. The IP address that I put in Cloudflare is from Hostinger where I have hosted my website.

I am using Cloudflare directly. Not from the HOstinger interface.

As I told you before guys, the only new thing that I did was update the name servers, that’s it. I did not do anything else, I did not touch the DNS records or something like that. Just update the nameservers that Cloudflare sent my throught the email.

You couldn’t have done nothing else, as there’s an onboarding process to get your site on Cloudflare, which includes scanning DNS records and asking you to double-check.

Yes… I am using the same IP address from hostinger.

Also, I am seeing something weird. In the overview tab in cloudlfare, they are recommending me to change the nameservers for other different what they sent me in the last email. what should I do? put the nameservers that I am seeing in the overview tab or leave the ones that I already changed yesterday in the morning?

You’re probably logged into your Cloudflare account. Check the DNS records screen and scroll down to see the two name servers assigned to that configuration. Does it say Audrey and Junade?

I also suggest you contact Hostinger to find out the actual IP address of your server.

No, Audrey and Junade was the names that I put yesterday and it is pending for update. currently I am seeing desi & fattouche.

I already double check hostinger IP and I have the correct IP address in Cloudlflare, A record