Unsure of origin ip address, did it change?

Share your inquiry details here

My website has completely stopped working. Trying to contact Cloudfare support, but there is no one to contact! This is a mes…you replied with a message that “This is an issue with DNS”…I didn’t touch my DNS records. Why is there no technical support person to contact directly?

My website is https://crdhs-sports.info, and per Homesite, they indicated that my DNS record for my website is 66.235.200.26 - I checked on Cloudfare, and that wasn’t the DNS listed - how did it get changed? I changed it back to this, but it still is not working.

This is the error that I am getting all of a sudden - the website was actually working yesterday morning, and then it stopped working. Again, I didn’t change the DNS on your site…

Error 1000

Ray ID: 7118eaf3b9afacf8 • 2022-05-26 19:29:07 UTC

DNS points to prohibited IP

What happened?

You’ve requested a page on a website (crdhs-sports.info) that is on the Cloudflare network. Unfortunately, it is resolving to an IP address that is creating a conflict within Cloudflare’s system.

What can I do?

If you are the owner of this website:
you should login to Cloudflare and change the DNS A records for crdhs-sports.info to resolve to a different IP address.

Was this page helpful?

Cloudflare Ray ID: 7118eaf3b9afacf8 • Your IP: 172.71.82.61 • Performance & security by Cloudflare

If you’re confident you didn’t change DNS, check the audit log. https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/audit-log

Either way, are you sure that 66.235.200.26 is being used for your website in https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/dns ?

I’ve deleted all my records off of Cloudfare and changed my name servers back to Homesite.

Not sure what I have to do on your end, but I no longer wish to use your service anymore.

What else do I need to do? You are not hosting my domain - was just using your service for SSL…no longer want to be associated with Cloudfare anymore.

There seems to be some confusion here - your hosting provider is using Cloudflare already.

The issue you were having is that you had Cloudflare pointing to Cloudflare - and therefore, resolving to an IP address that is creating a conflict within Cloudflare’s system as per the error message you were getting.

Regardless if you’re now using someone elses nameservers, 66.235.200.26 uses Cloudflare but is just managed by whoever hosts your website.

Your partner should have given you instructions on how to make sure there wasn’t a conflict with Cloudflare yourself, but the record should have just been set to DNS Only.

But yeah, the short form is that your hosting provider uses Cloudflare. You had setup the DNS record to also be proxied through Cloudflare so it created a conflcit.

Again, I ONLY made changes when I saw the site NOT WORKING ANYMORE, and changed it when Homesite indicated what the IP address should be.

Again, thank you for your assistance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.