Unsupported protocol The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite

ssl

Hi there, I am testing this service. I added the first website which is a wordpress website (with a plugin that forces https - it used to work without any problems with previous SSL certificate) -> www.breathinglabs.com

I did everything as instructed, leaved default settings, changed DNS accordingly, and now I receive:

This site can’t provide a secure connection
breathinglabs.com uses an unsupported protocol.
ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Unsupported protocol
The client and server don’t support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite.

Please see in attachment…

Any help appreciated,

regards, ML!

Capture|690x452

After 10 days, SSL status (under crypto tab) is still "Initialising Certificate" - is something wrong?
After 10 days, SSL status (under crypto tab) is still "Initialising Certificate" - is something wrong?

t seems the attachment didn’t upload, well it is just a screenshot of a browser (tested lots of those) returning the following message:

This site can’t provide a secure connection
breathinglabs.com uses an unsupported protocol.
ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Unsupported protocol
The client and server don’t support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite.

Any advice appeciated. Thanks, ML

Just check if you have an active SSL certificate under Crypto tab. Maybe it says “Authorizing Certificate” If it does, you need to wait until it’s ready before you can allow ssl traffic to your site. Put cloudflare on pause or bypass it in DNS in the meantime

SSL status is Initializing Certificate - I guess I just need to wait some. Thanks

It is 4 days since site has been added to cloudflare, it says it is “active” on the first tab. The crypto tab still says SSL status is “initializing certificate”. The site is still unavailable with the same message. I must be missing something obvious. Anyone can help?

Oh and the hosting is on hostgator, “shared baby plan” if thats of any relevance. The site is wordpress fully updated as stated above already. Thanks for any ideas.

It’s not you. It’s just jammed up here. Open a Support Ticket here and they’ll have to re-start the process.
https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/requests

Or email them: support AT cloudflare DOT com

Hello,

simply put the SSL is initialising for 10 days now. Do you think I should remove the site and just add it again? I dont want to make debugging more difficult to devs over there and that is why I am just waiting, but now it seems to me that process has someone halted, or is in a loop.

I have reported this issue fully here: Unsupported protocol The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite

and via ticket and via email. Ticket had been put on hold as there is reportedly “some issue with the certificate” (this is full quote). And emails were not responded. I guess guys are busy there but I just wanna make a progress of any kind.

So, is deleting a website and adding it again best choice now or you think I should do that via ticket (ask for deletion)? I would be happy to help debug, profile, test, improve UX and anything but now I really feel kinda powerless.

So delete and add again or some other possible option to consider? Thanks

Now that you’ve opened a ticket, post the ticket number here. The mods will push it along and keep a more consistent eye on it.

Hello ticket number is 1500580 , but they said ticked has been put on
hold until new info is available. I am still just thinking if deleting
and readding the site would speed up this process, or would it just
add confusion to the whole thing?

I’m having the same problem with my site. it has been “initializing” for 24 days and still nothing. I submitted a ticket 1504940 and have not gotten a response.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.