I recently moved all my domain to Cloudflare, but in the past few weeks i started facing some issue …
sometimes i get SSL warnings, sometimes the websites are down and works only when i pause Cloudflare…
i don’t know what is happening or how to solve these issues …
all my domain are pointing to a VPS and it is working fine with no downtime at all …
any ideas about what is happening ?
Thank you for asking.
Before moving to Cloudflare, was your Website working over HTTPS connection?
Before doing anything at Cloudfalre settings, you could determine if you have a valid SSL certificate installed at the origin host/server by your web hosting provider or your own VPS/dedicated server following the steps from below:
- Use the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option from the Overview tab for your domain at dash.cloudflare.com .
- The link is in the lower right corner of that page.
- Give it five minutes to take effect, then make sure site is working as expected with HTTPS.
- Check with your hosting provider / cPanel AutoSSL / ACME.sh / Certbot / Let’s Encrypt or some other and renew it accordingly.
- Only then should you un-pause Cloudflare and double-check your SSL/TLS setting to make sure it’s Full (Strict).
May I ask what SSL option have you got selected under the SSL/TLS tab at Cloudflare dashboard for your domain ( Flexible, Full, Full Strict … )?
Here is a way to re-check if you correctly setup the SSL for your domain with Cloudflare:
In case you do not have an SSL certificate, you can use Cloudflare SSL, if so, kindly make sure you follow the instructions as follows on the below article to setup an SSL certificate using Cloudflare Origin CA Certificate:
I’d suggest you to kindly re-check firewall and if Cloudflare is allowed to connect to your origin host to as follows in the below article:
Nevertheless, Cloudflare IP addresses list can be found here:
May I ask if your websites are using and being served from your VPS server via compatible & supported ports for HTTP(S) web traffic with Cloudflare proxy mode as which can be found in the list on the link from below?
This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.