Universal SSL Edge certificate has expired and not renewed on its own

Answer these questions to help the Community help you with Security questions.

What is the domain name?
Provided in the screenshot

Have you searched for an answer?
I searched for a similar issue on this forum and found the following threads, but the resolution was provided by the Cloudflare support team and there are no instructions which I can follow.

When you tested your domain using the Cloudflare Diagnostic Center, what were the results?
The diagnostic center is not available at that link and redirects to the support center

Describe the issue you are having:
Hello,

The universal SSL Edge certificate for my domains (mentioned above) has expired and not renewed automatically. I tried removing the domain from Cloudflare and then adding it back again to resolve the issue. I even tried disabling SSL and then enabling it back again but to no avail. The universal SSL edge certificate status still shows as expired (error).

Also, firefox and chrome are giving the following errors respectively and not loading the website.

1. SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP
  2. ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

How do I fix this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

What error message or number are you receiving?

1. Firefox → SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP
  2. Chrome → ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

What steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

1. I tried removing the domain from Cloudflare and then adding it back again to resolve the issue.
  2. I even tried disabling SSL and then enabling it back again but to no avail.

Was the site working with SSL prior to adding it to Cloudflare?
It was on Cloudflare universal SSL before and was working fine. If I remove the domain from Cloudflare and try to access the non https website, it works fine too.

Have you tried from another browser and/or incognito mode?
Yes. I’ve tried this on chrome and firefox and the issue is the same on both browsers

Screenshot

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.