What is the domain name?
Have you searched for an answer?
Please share your search results url:
CF community posts
When you tested your domain, what were the results?
I tested it just now. Universal cert for proton.ad.gt is in Pending Validation state.
Describe the issue you are having:
I have a partial CNAME setup:
I already have a few subdomains successfully configured with Universal certificate.
Two days ago, I tired setting up another one: proton.ad.gt. Unfortunately, the TLS has been in Pending Validation state since then. The request is for a DigiCert certificate.
Backend seems configured correctly, I am not using wildcard certs in the backend, just a regular AWS cert with a few simple common names.
To make matters worse, today, another ad.gt subdomain that was configured about a year ago started reporting that the Universal certificate is in pending validation status. The old cert was from DigiCert, the new request is from LE.
I have no DNSSEC enabled, ad.gt is configured in AWS.
What error message or number are you receiving?
What steps have you taken to resolve the issue?
- Avoid using wildcard certs in the backend
- Ensure that I have backend responding on both HTTP and HTTPS
- Since the validation challenge is HTTP, I have added the well-known request to the backend, even though I should not need to do it
- I have checked that I am not using DNSSEC that could potentially block the certificate issuance.
Was the site working with SSL prior to adding it to Cloudflare?
What are the steps to reproduce the error:
- Visit the site or check the Edge Certificates panel
Have you tried from another browser and/or incognito mode?
Please attach a screenshot of the error: