Unique Addon domain redirect loop

Hey Community. Long time reader, first time poster. I have a domain registered and wordpress site hosted through an independent host. I set up my site on Cloudflare for speed, performance and security. When I set the records to proxy I get a redirect loop. I have read ALL the articles and I tried ALL the solutions and nothing works! I think it has something to do with the fact that it is an add on domain. Can you please help with any ideas you have, please.

Ensure your SSL/TLS settings are set to “Full (strict)” here…
https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/ssl-tls

Otherwise, what is the domain name?

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Does this mean that I need to have a cloudflare SSL certificate on the origin server or can I use the Auto SSL certificate on the origin server?

A publicly trusted certificate, such as e.g. a Let’s Encrypt certificate would be sufficient.

Alternatively, you can set up your server with Origin CA certificates · Cloudflare SSL/TLS docs.

Hey there, thank you both so much for your time and assistance with this issue. It appears to be fixed but I will continue to test it periodically over the weekend and let you know if I have any further concerns. I appreciate you both for your generosity of time and knowledge.