Unexpected AS Name during 1.1.1.1/help debug

I use 1.1.1.2 and 1.0.0.2 as my DNS on my NetComm NF18MESH router.

I had CG-NAT disabled a few days ago for Xbox reasons.

I checked 1.1.1.1/help and majority of the time I’d get Cloudflare as the AS (AS Number 13335) from the SYD Data Centre

but after a few refreshes I did spot an AS PJSC MegaFon with AS Number 31163

and hours later an AS Robi with AS Number 24432, both stating they’re from the SYD Data Centre.

My concern is ‘is it ‘normal’ for a Russian and Bangladeshi ASN - or any other ‘random’ ASNs - to serve via the SYD Data Centre?’ or do I have an issue in my network? I’ve scanned devices with Windows Defender, Malwarebytes, and Sophos Intercept X for Mobile and they all say they’re clean. And my router doesn’t appear to have any random DNS servers - just the Cloudflare ones I used.

I did try /cdn-cgi/trace and it returned as SYD for the Colo. I’d have to be lucky to do it at the same time as I hit a random AS Name it seems.

Also: Apologies for not copying the URLs except for the Robi one; I thought I could Google Lens the URL from the screenshots but it copies the text wrong.

This problem is due to the fact that Russia is being turned off by Tier 1 backbone providers.

Sorry, I’m not sure what that means, exactly.

What about that Bangladesh ASN I saw?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.