Unbound workers being rate limited 1015

I love workers and have been using them a lot lately, but I am surprised to be getting 1015 errors.

I’m getting this both from the workers.dev and from DNS routes to unbound workers. Our account is in good standing. Appears to be mostly from certain IP blocks.

Could someone help me out?

What you are seeing is Cloudflare’s abuse protection for Workers kicking in, as you are receiving thousand(s) of requests per second to a Cloudflare Worker.

https://developers.cloudflare.com/workers/platform/limits#request

Cloudflare’s abuse protection methods do not affect well-intentioned traffic. However, if you send many thousands of requests per second from a small number of client IP addresses, you can inadvertently trigger Cloudflare’s abuse protection. If you expect to receive 1015 errors in response to traffic or expect your application to incur these errors, contact Cloudflare to increase your limit.

So you will have to just create a support ticket and request Cloudflare support to increase that limit for you.

2 Likes

Thanks, I will do that. Ticket # 2280709

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.