Unable to verify spf

I have added an SPF record to my DNS records however when i try to validate it I get an error saying No SPF record belonging to transmail found. Any ideas?

Are you using a TXT or an SPF record type. The dedicated SPF record is not used by any service that I am aware of, and everybody looks for a TXT record.

Can you share the domain?

1 Like

Hi Michael. I am using a TXT record with the details of;

v=spf1 include:eu.transmail.net ~all

How did you validate/test your SPF record?

There is a (seemingly valid) record for transmail.net, so you’d need to explain what the actual problem is…

I use ZOHO CRM and there is an email verification page which requires this setting to be put in my records to show deliverability. When it tries to authenticate i get an error saying “No SPF record belonging to transmail found”

Can you share the domain name?

Hi Michael the domain is blake-telecom.co.uk

You have three different MX records. There Can Be Only One. You will need to delete two of them and change the remaining one to include the required policies.

% dig +short txt blake-telecom.co.uk
"v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com include:gridhost.co.uk ip4:95.142.156.0/24 ip4:195.62.28.0/23 include:secureserver.net -all"
"v=spf1 include:zoho.eu ~all"
"v=spf1 include:eu.transmail.net ~all"

A simple merge of all three into one would look like this (Never trust configurations you get from some random guy on the Internet!):

v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com include:gridhost.co.uk ip4:95.142.156.0/24 ip4:195.62.28.0/23 include:secureserver.net include:eu.transmail.net include:zoho.eu -all

Hi Michael thanks for that however i am still getting the following error when trying to verify it;
No SPF record belonging to transmail found

% dig +short txt blake-telecom.co.uk
"v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com include:gridhost.co.uk ip4:95.142.156.0/24 ip4:195.62.28.0/23 include:secureserver.net include:zoho.eu ~all include:eu.transmail.net"

There is still an error in the SPF record. You have placed ~all before include:eu.transmail.net and it should be the other way around.

No SPF record belonging to transmail found

still saying it mate - i have copied your recommendation on what to write too

The policy contains too many elements, and has exceeded the DNS lookup limit for SPF records. That might be causing Zoho validation issues.

You will need to check and remove any elements that you do not need. A brief eyeball of the records looks like there is some duplication, so you might have a few quick wins that make it OK. For example gridhost.co.uk includes the two ip4 ranges, and also includes secureserver.net, which in turn includes outlook.com. So you might get away with just this:

v=spf1 include:gridhost.co.uk include:eu.transmail.net include:zoho.eu -all

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.