Unable to use Cloudflare for SaaS

I am trying to set up Cloudflare for Saas to offer custom domains for my customers.

My website is hosted on AWS Elastic Beanstalk and uses CNAME to connect with the Beanstalk server.

I want to achieve this;
My saas website URL - 1example.com** and my website provide subdomain like this - ***.example.com** My customer website URLs are - **app.customer1.com** , **app.customer2.com`
I want to provide a way for customers to use any of the available subdomains on my website.

Here is what I did to setup;

1. Created a fallback origin host.example.com
  2. Added app.customer1.com and app.customer2.com as custom hostname.
  3. Ask my customer to create a new DNS record as app CNAME host.example.com
  4. Created two DNS records on my example.com website -
  • * CNAME host.example.com
  • host CNAME MY-AWS-ELASTIC-BEANSTALK-URL

Now, the issue is when I visit app.customer1.com or app.customer2.com website it shows the elastic beanstalk hosted URL instead of content from *.example.com.

I also changed the customer DNS record to app CNAME app.example.com but still no luck it always shows the default elastic beanstalk URL.

How do I fix this?

Does AWS Elastic Beanstalk require a specific host header/use virtual hosting?

AWS Elastic Beanstalk gives us an address to point as CNAME.

The address and subdomains work fine when I visit like hello.example.com or test.example.com. Both of these URL are working fine. But these are not working for my customers. it is mapping example.com.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.