Unable to update namer servers during transfer

I’m in the process of moving my domain from GoDaddy to Cloudflare Registrar.

I initiated the transfer on 19 May 2022 @ 10:18 EST, then on 20 May 2022 @ 1943 EST I was notified by Cloudflare my name servers were changed to GoDaddy DNS.

Contacting GoDaddy has lead to no information as to why and they confirmed my account is secure. I suspect the issue spurred from trying to move from GoDaddy because they purchased Uniregistry and I had just been transitioned to the GoDaddy UI.

I was fine eating the broken domain until the five days are done but then I got an email that the domain will be removed from Cloudflare in 7 days because the DNS isn’t pointed to Cloudflare. (Now I’m worried if it will be pending longer, and I couldn’t accept the transfer in the GoDaddy UI because it doesn’t show and contacting their support didn’t help at all)

Attempting to change to name servers in the UI at GoDaddy I get the error “Object status prohibits operation” and calling support there waisted an hour of my time with them telling me Cloudflare doesn’t have an authoritative record but I know it’s because the domain is currently in a PendingTransfer state.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

This issue was resolved and the domain transferred successfully after waiting 6 days.

That seems like the expected behaviour. You can accelerate the process by logging in at the former registrar and approving the transfer. Otherwise it can take a number of days to go through.

That’s what I was able to do for the other domains I transferred.
This was the only one that didn’t show up in the other registrar UI as pending transfer and still shows up as active in their UI even though Whois has been updated.
(I definitely reached an edge case in their platform)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.