Unable to update DDNS using API for some TLDs

You cannot use this API for domains with a .cf, .ga, .gq, .ml, or .tk TLD (top-level domain). To configure the DNS settings for this domain, use the Cloudflare Dashboard

me too
How to deal with it

Maybe it has something to do with this issue:

Apr 22, 2020

Cloudflare Registrar API service issues

Resolved - This incident has been resolved.
Apr 22, 16:46 UTC

Monitoring - A fix has been implemented and we are monitoring the results.
Apr 22, 15:39 UTC

Investigating - Cloudflare is investigating issues with the Registrar API.

These issues do not affect the serving of cached files via the Cloudflare CDN or other security features at the Cloudflare Edge.

Customers using the Overview Dashboard / Cloudflare Registrar API are impacted as errors may be displayed.

yeah, could be… nice fix, which breaks lot of functionality …

me to, it looks like I’m looking for another service provider

I encountered these problems too.

This is indeed a change which has been made to the API. It may be something we review in the future and/or on a case by case basis.

3 Likes

do I need to raise a ticket?

Still not fixed :frowning:

pls… this is NOT resolved.

1 Like

any way to get such a “case by case” for community users (no plan)?

You can open a support ticket and ask. I just show up to be helpful… the actual process/criteria is beyond anything I work with day to day.

Suprise suprise… Opened a support ticket and got an auto response, therefore I don’t know how to raise a ticket which should get solved by an human.

You recently contacted Cloudflare Support regarding: “ddns update failes for .cf, .ga, .gq, .ml, or .tk TLD (top-level domain)”.

We provided you with an automated response which we hope has answered your question, there is no need to take any further action if this is the case. However, should you require any further assistance, please respond to the ticket to be routed to a Technical Support Engineer: “ddns update failes for .cf, .ga, .gq, .ml, or .tk TLD (top-level domain)

Here’s a summary of your recent request

Although we are in the pandemic time, we are suffering this terrible change.
I think most people do not like this, and it really caused very unpleasant situation.
Maybe I should look for another service provider, sadly~

Yes it’s really the wrong time to make changes to the api and break functions.
And now? How Long should this not work? It’s a Major function to update an Domain IP.

ok, it’s time to look for another service provider …

same problem :expressionless:

Oh wow. Support says I cant use the API any more in the free Plan.

Really? Funny, then it’s time to say goodbye to CF.

1 Like

for real?

apparently Cloudflare has disabled support for the old Global API Keys.
My ddclient only worked for me after i switched to using a Cloudflare API Token that has an ACL of: All zones - Zone:Read, DNS:Edit