Unable to uninstall Warp (Fedora)

I am trying to uninstall Warp and I keep getting an error that the reun scriptlet failed and won’t let me uninstall it.

I’ve tried rebuiding my dnf database, clearing dnf cache, reinstalling warp (and dependencies). I can’t seem to get past this. Suggestions?

Running Fedora 39.

Dependencies resolved.
=========================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================
 Package                                                      Architecture                                        Version                                                     Repository                                                            Size
=========================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================
Removing:
 cloudflare-warp                                              x86_64                                              2023.10.120-1                                               @cloudflare-warp-stable                                              483 M
Removing unused dependencies:
 nss-tools                                                    x86_64                                              3.94.0-2.fc39                                               @fedora                                                              2.4 M

Transaction Summary
Remove  2 Packages

Freed space: 486 M
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Running transaction check
Transaction check succeeded.
Running transaction test
Transaction test succeeded.
Running transaction
  Preparing        :                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 1/1 
  Running scriptlet: cloudflare-warp-2023.10.120-1.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                                            1/2 
Failed to stop warp-taskbar.service: Unit warp-taskbar.service not loaded.
su: warning: cannot change directory to /home/www: No such file or directory
Failed to connect to bus: No such file or directory
error: %preun(cloudflare-warp-2023.10.120-1.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

Error in PREUN scriptlet in rpm package cloudflare-warp
  Erasing          : nss-tools-3.94.0-2.fc39.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                                                  2/2 
error: cloudflare-warp-2023.10.120-1.x86_64: erase failed

Running scriptlet: nss-tools-3.94.0-2.fc39.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                                                  2/2 
  Verifying        : cloudflare-warp-2023.10.120-1.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                                            1/2 
  Verifying        : nss-tools-3.94.0-2.fc39.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                                                  2/2 

Removed:
  nss-tools-3.94.0-2.fc39.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
Failed:
  cloudflare-warp-2023.10.120-1.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Error: Transaction failed

Ok, fixed. That was weird. I don’t know why it was looking for a www user at all… but was able to fix it.

I wasn’t really paying attention to the first error (my bad). I created a www user and home directory, then deleted the user and home directory and then the uninstall went fine.

Exact commands for someone else (or me, in the future):

~$ sudo useradd -m www
~$ sudo userdel -r www
~$ sudo dnf erase cloudflare-warp
Dependencies resolved.
=================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================
 Package                                                            Architecture                                              Version                                                          Repository                                                   Size
=================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================
Removing:
 cloudflare-warp                                                    x86_64                                                    2023.10.120-1                                                    @@System                                                    483 M

Transaction Summary
Remove  1 Package

Freed space: 483 M
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Running transaction check
Transaction check succeeded.
Running transaction test
Transaction test succeeded.
Running transaction
  Preparing        :                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         1/1 
  Running scriptlet: cloudflare-warp-2023.10.120-1.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                                                    1/1 
Failed to stop warp-taskbar.service: Unit warp-taskbar.service not loaded.

Erasing          : cloudflare-warp-2023.10.120-1.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                                                    1/1 
  Running scriptlet: cloudflare-warp-2023.10.120-1.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                                                    1/1 
Removed "/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/warp-svc.service".

Verifying        : cloudflare-warp-2023.10.120-1.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                                                    1/1 

Removed:
  cloudflare-warp-2023.10.120-1.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Complete!

I don’t know how the www user fits in, but it’s removed and I’m happy.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.