Unable to transfer domain registration from AWS

Hi,

A friend of mine let his AWS route 53 (registrar) account lapse so such that the domain stopped working but the domain does not expired for another year. The domain stopped working, not routing web or email, about 3 months after his AWS account expired. Anyway, I’m trying to transfer his registration to Cloudflare (his DNS was already at Cloudflare).

The error I get when trying to transfer the registration it returns an error something went wrong pending name server change to Cloudflare. The name servers are already pointed at right place. AWS has been no help in resolving this.

The domain is hoffmanstoneworks.com.

Any advice on how to get this registration transferred to Cloudflare for registrar would be greatly appreciated. It’s his peak season for working as a stone mason and his website and email do not work. Thank you!

Do you have a screenshot of the error that you’re seeing in the dashboard?

Yes, I have a screen shot.

It seems to be asking that the NS be pointed at the Cloudflare NS which they already are and have been.

Your domain has the clientHold status on it.

This status code tells your domain’s registry to reject requests to renew your domain. It is an uncommon status that is usually enacted during legal disputes or when your domain is subject to deletion.

Often, this status indicates an issue with your domain that needs resolution. If so, you should contact your registrar to resolve the issue. If your domain does not have any issues, and you simply want to renew it, you must first contact your registrar and request that they remove this status code.

You’ll need to get in touch with your registrar and get that removed first.

2 Likes

AWS is SO unresponsive to support requests and they give multiple, contradicting answers, etc. I’ll try to get them to help with this issue. Thank you so much for identifying the problem!!!
!

There’s one called EasyDNS I’ve heard good things about. Any others that are easier to deal with?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.