Unable to transfer domain due to phone number contact

Hello,

I cannot transfer a couple of domains cause when the system go through the step 3. Confirm contact info, it asks for my phone number in ITU.E format so, I’ve entered my phone as +506 XXXXXXXX that is the correct one for Costa Rica and the system doesn’t let me continue (it marks the phone option in red color).
I have tried all the possible combinations with my phone number (+506 XX - +506XX - +506,XX , etc) and none of those works. You cannot let it empty neither.

Any advice ?

This thread had the same problem, but nobody posted their solution, or even a picture of the form:

Maybe an @MVP knows the magic format for non-US phone numbers.

I had the same issue. I just added a . after the first digit (creating an INVALID formatted number), to make this pass.

2 Likes

That tip works Shimi. Thank you

The tip Shimi provide works. Is not the correct way but is a workaround

1 Like

Well, the correct way would be for American programmers to realize that other countries exist beyond the borders of North America :wink:

This is quite a common issue on many sites, many don’t even accept numbers that begin with + - they only want a (555) 123-4567 format, even though they accept orders from everywhere in the world. Further, many times they force you to enter a “Province” or “State”, even though 99% of the world countries don’t have these… I’m used to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just noticed this in the domain registration form:
Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 7.57.37 PM