Unable to send email via Gmail

I switched my nameservers to Cloudflare yesterday. Since doing so, I’ve been unable to send emails via Gmail. I’m hosted at Siteground - had Gmail pop/smtp set up for years without issue. Fixing some DNS issues allowed emails to come in, but I can’t send out.

Siteground says my incoming/outgoing server should simply be ‘gamespew.com’. Doing this brings back a “Couldn’t reach server. Please double-check the server and port number.” when trying to configure in gmail.

Other forum posts I’ve read here suggest the server should in fact be ‘mail.gamespew.com’. Doing this brings back error “TLS Negotiation failed, the certificate doesn’t match the host., code: 0”

Worth noting that webmail through Siteground seems to work when sending emails, so seems to be something that Gmail specifically doesn’t like since changing nameservers to Siteground. I’ve attached my DNS records in case anything is awry there.

Been through just about every help guide I can find here, but can’t seem to figure out the problem. Thanks for your help.

Your CNAME record points to a hostname that’s set to :orange: Proxied. It should be an “A” record that points to the IP address of your server.

If that still nets a TLS error, you’ll have contact your mail host to make sure that the server has a valid certificate for the ‘mail’ hostname.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.