Unable To See and remove TXT Record

I am trying to use another service for email. My SPF is specified in a TXT record. However, there’s another TXT record on my domain in addition to the one I had added. I’m not able to see this record in my Cloudflare account under Domains. In the audit log I’m able to see that this additional TXT record was added when the domain was added to Cloudflare. But I see no way to remove it.
I need to keep the top one and remove the bottom one:
“v=spf1 include:spf.messagingengine.com +all”
“ca3-00697849961b4f2daa38b8878983296c”

2 Likes

I’m also having issues with a TXT record. We added one yesterday, but it still isn’t showing up when you query the domain. Hope someone can help us :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have the same question as @bearfacts… when I do a DNS lookup on my domain via https://www.ultratools.com/tools/dnsLookupResult, there is an extra TXT record (also starting with ‘ca3-’). This TXT record does not show up in the Cloudflare UI.

I did just port my name servers over to Cloudflare - I’m guessing this was an old record and hasn’t been purged - possibly it will be after the TTL expires? (only set to 120 and still not expired after more than an hr though)

1 Like

@aralston, the TXT record with ca-3 is for certificate validation

1 Like

@cloonan @aralston @levi.durfee I actually ended up opening a ticket with Cloudflare for this. The additional record is needed for cloud flare to run their service. The cloud flare support were able to work with my other vendor (through me) to fix the issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.