Unable to receive emails & update nameserver

Hi,
After countless DNS entries, configurations, and help from Microsoft, I am still unable to receive emails but am able to send them out. The error message reads,
" Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

{redacted}

{redacted}

Microsoft ( my email provider) is reflecting errors on the Nameserver (NS). My DNS zone on Cloudflare has also been pending since as long as I can remember… I am new to this & feel so lost. Please help me (in the simplest terms possible)! :frowning: :pray:t4:

Has it been 48-72 hours since propagation began? If not, wait until this time frame passes as DNS propagation can take up to 48-72 hours!

The error kind of explains itself! The email address you tried to reach doesn’t exist! This could be because the email was never created, was deleted, or could not be found!

Considering the domain of the email is retiredtails.org, it’s probably occurring due to incomplete propagation of the DNS (which as I mentioned can take up to 48-72 hours!)

Several things:

1. you’ve blurred out your nameservers so it’s not possible to confirm but they don’t appear to be those listed at your registrar.
retiredtails.org.	86400	IN	NS	maya.ns.cloudflare.com.
retiredtails.org.	86400	IN	NS	logan.ns.cloudflare.com.
  1. The screenshots you have are from a zone which is in a pending state which seems to further confirm this isn’t the correct place to be making changes.

2. DNS currently points your Mx to a service other than Microsoft:

dig retiredtails.org mx +short
1 mx.retiredtails.org.cust.b.hostedemail.com.

I’d recommend checking with your team to find the right account to log into to make these DNS changes. Once made the only change you should need to make is to replace the Mx record you currently have with Microsoft’s MX record.

1 Like

Thank you, I set up the email through Outlook but it is not connecting to each other.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I am a single-man band so my team is just I …That’s to say I might be so far gone with figuring this out,I may have to consider transferring the domain to a sever who can give me 1 on 1 help.
Thank you so much for you help!

1 Like

2386799 @MoreHelp

From a quick look here it seems like you choose the full domain setup on Microsoft, but that’s not compatible with Cloudflare. You can’t set NS on Cloudflare for the root domain… you need to select only the MX options on Microsoft’s page.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.